- Couple of Painted Ladies on both 6/8 and 9/8.
- 1 x Holly Blue on both 6/8 and 8/8, in the latter case spending some time on variegated Holly 'Golden King', but didn't appear to be laying eggs.
- 4 x Gatekeeper in back garden on 9/8, up to 3 feeding on the best of my Marjoram plants, which from experience elsewhere seems to be a favourite of this species.
- 1 Speckled Wood 9/8.
Moths (lit window after dark - 3 new records* as I continue to develop my ID capability):
- 1 x Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing* (Noctua janthe) on 8/8 :-
The toothed margin to the dark area on the forewing (towards the bottom in this picture) distinguishes this species from the immigrant Langmaid's Yellow Underwing.
- 1 x Setaceous Hebrew Character 9/8 :-
- 1 x Brimstone Moth 9/8.
- 1 x female Light Brown Apple Moth* (Epiphyas postvittana), said to be an accidental introduction from Australia in the 1930s on 9/8:-
- 1 x Yellow Shell*, 10/8.
- Plus 3 Large Yellow Underwing on Buddleia 10/8, two here and one next door.
Vine Weevils, Lacewings, 1 x 7-spot Ladybird and 1 x Harlequin.
- 1 x Dunnock 6/8.
- 3 x Blue Tit on Norway Spruce 9/8.