US social scientist Kenneth Boulding : ‘If you believe exponential growth can go on in a finite world, you are either a madman or an economist’.

Wednesday 5 August 2009

5/8/09: And then there were four

Having been AWOL for some time, there are now 4 Collared Doves hanging around my garden. Much of the malingering appears to be due to the attitude of two fledglings, both of which can fly, but seem rather disinclined to do so, even when I suddenly hove into view at the top of the garden steps while they're sitting on a wooden frame by the compost heaps.

One in particular seems way too trusting. My mobile phone cam is relatively wide-angle and this shot was actually taken with the device held only a couple of feet from the bird. It has also been cropped and enlarged a bit .....

A distinctly unfazed Collared Dove fledgling in my Barnehurst garden lets me get real close ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment