US social scientist Kenneth Boulding : ‘If you believe exponential growth can go on in a finite world, you are either a madman or an economist’.

Monday 10 August 2009

10/8/09: Barnehurst foxes - up close and personal

On the 9th, I was fiddling about at one end of the triple compost bins when I heard a rustling. Looking up, there was 'black-topped tail' standing on top of the lid of the far bin in broad daylight, and only a few feet away.

Tonight, just as I was going out into the front garden after dark to look for moths on the Buddleia, I saw a fox heading down the road. It didn't appear at the next gap in the wall, and I could hear some quiet cat-like mewing. So I crept up to the gate. There were two of them grooming themselves in the middle of the street, 6-7' distant, blissfully unaware of my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment