US social scientist Kenneth Boulding : ‘If you believe exponential growth can go on in a finite world, you are either a madman or an economist’.

Saturday 10 April 2010

10/4/2010: Wood Anemone wonder

I knew there were some Wood Anemones (Anemone nemorosa) in Bursted Wood (London Borough of Bexley), having found the leaves later in the season. OK I was living elsewhere for a long time, but I'm not sure quite how I failed to visit when the flowers were out. So I was impressed by the great areas of the woodland floor now clearly covered in dissected leaves, and studded with white flowers, in what is a modest-sized and very heavily used suburban wood.

Wood Anemones carpet the ground in Bursted Wood

This closer view shows the flowers starting to shut for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment