US social scientist Kenneth Boulding : ‘If you believe exponential growth can go on in a finite world, you are either a madman or an economist’.

Monday 18 January 2010

17/1/10: Mitcham Common - gorse of course

Hopped off the bus on the way back from Beddington/Hackbridge when I realised we were passing a tract of gorse. I'm not familiar with this part of London - and hadn't appreciated we'd be passing the BedZed low-energy eco-village either ......

Anyway, it was Mitcham Common. Here are a few shots showing Gorse, waterlogging, fire damage and old ant hills.





Other species seen were the remains of a Black Knapweed, Bracken, Blue Tit, Great Tit and 2 Redwing.

There was a Rabbit right by the road as I approached Mitcham Junction station on the main road. It seemed unperturbed by my appearance and loped off slowly, after I'd got to about 7 feet from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment