US social scientist Kenneth Boulding : ‘If you believe exponential growth can go on in a finite world, you are either a madman or an economist’.

Sunday 10 January 2010

10/1/10: Heron and Hop Trefoil

A Heron flew over the top end of my north Barnehurst garden today - possibly the same one as seen flying low over a nearby road yesterday. Couldn't help wondering whether it had located an artificially ice-free fish pond ....

There were two Grey Squirrels and the Fox.

I was very surprised to see some heads of Hop Trefoil flowers poking out of the snow. This species appeared in the garden, for the first time ever, last year. I haven't seen it anywhere else in the vicinity yet. I transplanted the resulting seedlings elsewhere because the site is now occupied by my large greenhouse. These are presumably precocious seedlings that ought to flower later on, or transplants that struggled to get going in the dry summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment